About the position
We work in small teams for our customers and work closely with them on a daily basis in various industries such as, automotive, for machine and equipment rental services company Renta and many other industries. Customers are typically large companies and WeAre’s role is to act as a trusted advisor to customers and implement business-critical and end-user-relevant applications from the outset.
You will join our data team that builds data-driven solutions. This is a great opportunity to focus on data, data solutions and build your expertise and skills in data related projects.
You can get involved in diverse projects according to your expertise and interest. We want to make sure that our work is interesting and uplifting.
What we expect from you?
We are looking for a skilled and nice person to join our team. Your role is Data Engineer, but your previous background can be a Software Developer, Cloud Engineer, Architect - but we hope you to have genuine interest in data.
NOTE! This job is only for candidates, who have residency in Finland.
You can impress us with following topics:
- 3+ years of experience of data solutions in production
- Experience in a technical customer-facing role in product development and/or other data or SW development projects.
- Experience in working with cloud environments
- Understanding Data Lake infrastructures, Data Warehousing, and Data Analytics tools.
- You have experience with some of the buzzwords and tools:
- Big Data, AI/ML, ETL/ELT, R, Python, SQL
- SageMaker, Forecast, Rekognition, Lookout
- Snowflake, Redshift
- Qlik, Tableau, QuickSight
You want to develop your own skills and grow in the industry. You like teamwork and are able to communicate in English without any issues.
Our way of working
WeAre is a community of 50 doers. Having autonomy, and no micromanagement, makes our work-life and culture enjoyable.
Offices are located in Vantaa and Porvoo, but many of us work remotely. Remote work and location independency have been found to be successful.
What we can offer you:
- A place in a growing community of IT and software professionals.
- A relaxed and fun work atmosphere
- 100% remote work opportunity
- Office space with all the equipment and refreshments you need 🍺
- Support personal growth through online courses and certifications
- Work equipment of your choice
- Electric bike benefit
- Car benefit
- Lunch benefit
- Free gym in our office building in Vantaa
- Sport and Culture Vouchers
- Internet connection provided to home
- Phone benefit
We screen the applicants and choose the most suitable candidates and invite them to an interview. We typically have two interviews before making the final decision. First interview is more generic in which we want to hear about you, your career, what you have achieved and what you would like to do. You also get to know about WeAre and our ways of working. The goal is that both parties leave the first discussion in a good mood.
The second interview is more technical and is usually accompanied by someone from our developer team. There is no official test but you can showcase your expertise with a previous project or exercise you’ve completed.